Friday 23 March 2012

Budget Venues

Tip ONE: Venue:
9 times out of 1o this is the first thing that brides and grooms look at for their wedding day. You need to balance what you can afford with what you want and who you are. For me, my wedding is so much better knowing my venues are personal to me. The church I'm getting married in is where 3 generations of my family have married and where I was christened and my reception venue is where my aunt had her wedding reception. Whether it's a village hall, a pub, a hotel or a manor house don't rule anything out.

  • Don't be afraid of being disappointed, some venues on paper will be amazing, but in reality...
  • Look at unusual venues or quirky alternatives. A marquee in a family members garden, a summer party in a copse of woodland (approach farmers, they'll be happy to help) or even somewhere that seems like a rock that needs polishing into a diamond.
  • Remember costs, will you need to hire tables, linen, dance floor ect. They add up faster than you'd think!
  • NEVER EVER FORGET TO HAGGLE! There is always a deal to be done!
Worried you haven't thought of something when considering a venue: See my "Things to think of when planning a wedding" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment